Tuesday 5 June 2012

Givenchy brushes up nicely!


These sumptuous beauties were handed to me last week, I was thrilled to say the least!
Thick, matte handled, mid-length Givenchy brushes are one of their latest additions to one of my favourite make up brands and very much appreciated too!
  Don't get me wrong, as brands go, Givenchy were always one of the best for adding mini accessories into their well compacted compacts or Prisme's as they are known; I recall tweezers, angled brushes and wide blush applicators.  But these comfortable-to-grip applicators are a delight to work with.  I like the stiffness and density of the powder and blush brush, seen above made of superior goat hair in the typical Givenchy signature style, plus the high quality synthetic foundation brush, for an easy to apply base.  If you are looking to improve your make up bag, kit or just easily persuaded into buying good quality cosmetics, then this would be money well spent at just under and over £30 each.

9 comments:

  1. I saw your tweet a couple of weeks ago about these...now you have them! They look amazing!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I actually didn't expect to get them so soon so was a lovely surprise. They are good staples for me and wash well too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous!!! I saw the new Givenchy kabuki brush at Sephora today, but they didn't have the ones that you have. When are the rest of the brushes going to be released?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce, they are gorgeous and a delight to use. All brushed were released at the same time so the others should be available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to be stalking Sephora.com and every Sephora store near me and harass them until I find the rest of the Givenchy brushes! Hahahaa. They are absolutely divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had a look on the site, very odd that they have only released the Kabuki brush. All the brushes are available in the UK now! You might have more luck here http://www.givenchyconversations.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for the link! =)

      By the way, I'm assuming European folks get Givenchy products earlier than US folks, since the company is based in Europe. I guess I will just have to patiently wait for the US release.

      Delete
  7. I would have thought so and initial launches in Paris. Be patient! They will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Givenchy, and I wonder brushes. I think I will buy.

    ReplyDelete